Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Quality People

Dear Cancer-

Shakespeare said, "Come give us a taste of your quality." When you surround yourself with quality people, you just might absorb some yourself. I work with quality everyday. MSgt Shane Wacaster, an elite Air Force runner, started a beautiful sentiment a year ago. His love for running, and care for a fellow Airman inspired him. Shane ran 67 miles with two tiny charms on his shoe in multiple races. He gathered five other colleagues to run races with a charm as well. Together they ran 140 miles with one goal in mind...to inspire me.

What they don't realize, if they did so much more. When I run my first half marathon since you entered my life on Mar. 17, I'll wear this bracelet. With each step, I won't mourn where I used to be physically, but I'll celebrate with I am now. With each step, I'll feel the jingle of this superb gift from friends, and appreciate this blessed body of mine.

Thank you, Shane, SSG Christian Foster, TSgt Charity Wascaster, Ms. CeCe McRobie, SSgt Rebecca Graney, Sgt Robert Dea and SSgt Michele Lacerda.

Kiss-
C

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this!! It was awesome to watch you receive that gift. I sat there thinking, "I hope I'm always surrounded by such kind and thoughtful people too." I say, you get so much love because you give so much love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll feel the jingle of this superb gift from friends, and appreciate this blessed body of mine. apa essay format

    ReplyDelete